Monday, November 18, 2013

Monday Once Again!

Our Japanese maple is absolutely beautiful at the moment--such vivid colors--almost need sunglasses to look at it!!! This has been a very busy day. I had school with Isaac and Elijah. Then Esther followed by Joy came over and spent time reading out loud to me. Then Graham had his Grammy time when we do experiments, sew, or do whatever strikes our fancy! Graham finished his card ball for his Christmas tree.Here's a picture of a card ball that I made many years ago. It's a great use for old Christmas cards.
Card balls are going to be our art lesson tomorrow. Graham has had to use geometry to figure out how to divide the circle up into equal parts. Since he has completed his using a triangle in the center. He plans to make another tomorrow using a pentagon. We'll have to see how that ball turns out! Woody and I many, many years ago tried different shapes--some shapes work and others don't. Graham will have to figure that out. The three girls will be using triangles on their first attempt at card balls. After lunch, I sat down and made up a grocery list. A couple of friends and I are going to meet tomorrow and take lunch to friends. I'm making a salad and bread. The bread is rising as I type this. I am making Pilgrims' Bread. It uses several different grains--whole wheat, stone ground corn meal, rye flour and white bread flour. I thought that Pilgrims' Bread was an appropriate bread for the season! After I got my list completed, Abigail happened to come over so I invited her to accompany me to the store. We had fun and she was very helpful as I don't go to the store very often so really don't know where anything is! We came home and unloaded and put away the groceries and then Abigail headed home to do some chores at home and I got underway with cooking both our supper and my part of tomorrow's lunch. I still have the gelatin salad left to do, but that is easy. I will do that after the bread gets into the oven to bake. I did a bit more decorating yesterday afternoon after church. The kitchen is pretty much finished--Abigail and I bought the last decorative touch for the kitchen this afternoon--two boxes of candy canes to put in a tin snowman hat. This evening while I watch Dancing With the Stars, I plan to do the shadow box in the family room--I did do the one in the kitchen yesterday. I have been diligently putting away everyday decorative items--packing them away in boxes that Christmas decorative items have come out of. Once I have all decorative itmes that are on the sewing table cleared off/packed up, then I will be ready to have Nathan and Graham bring down the big tree box. Oh, boy...Well, I'll just say for the first time on the blog this year...'tis the season!I have one other job before going to bed tonight--do a little clearing in the sewing room as Abigail will be sewing first thing in the morning. Well, I'm off to check to see if the bread dough has risen enough to let rest and then shape into loaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment