Saturday, November 16, 2013

Mid-month Saturday

Up and down the step ladder=description of my day! But I can say that the mantel, shelves over the kitchen cabinets, and the top of the china cabinet are finished. The dining room's decorations are complete...oh, wait I haven't put up the Christmas cups and saucers on my cup and saucer display...that won't take long! The family room is finished except for the shadow box and the kitchen is finished except for the shadow box and the kitchen table decoration...can't do the latter due to all the tissue paper piled on it. Then in the living room I have to arrange bells on the bell shelf and add some holly in a couple of places. THEN all that will remain is the BIG tree in the living room. That is a major job but a fun one especially as I know that the children will enjoy helping me place ornaments. Woody went to the library and also did the rest of our weekly grocery shopping. About the time that I needed to head upstairs to rest for a while this afternoon, he headed out the door for a four-mile-walk. I read and dozed while Woody walked! Nathan called and invited us to eat with them this evening and then the children and their parents entertained us for a while...juggling, hula hooping, balancing acts, etc. They are quite the entertaining bunch...quite a circus! I came back home after the entertainment wound down and got back to work on finishing up the decorating in the kitchen. Then I had a couple of phone calls...thus I am blogging a bit later than usual. I will end with a question...Can you believe that we are already more than half-way through November?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment