Monday, November 4, 2013

November Monday

Such a pretty day as you can see from tonight's photo. I "risked" my life to get this picture. After my dentist appointment I walked across the street to get this tree with the pretty clouds behind it. Well, I couldn't believe all the cars that I had to wait on...perhaps it wasn't a risk but a test of my patience to get across and then back across! Woody got busy pretty early grinding two London Broil roasts into hamburger meat. We learned in AZ (where many senior citizens go to retire) that doctors recommend ground London Broil if you are going to eat/cook ground beef. It is very lean. So we try to buy London Broil for our ground beef. These days our grocery stores no longer grind meat on location so it has become a task to do here. It is not an easy task. Today he had some help from Elijah. As I think about his helper, the photo that I took of them should have been tonight's picture...oh, well, what's done is done! He was grinding the meat so we could make one of our favorite soups: Spicy Vegetable Beef. Woody ended up getting all the ingredients chopped and the meat browned, etc. while I was having school time with the children. So this soup was really an easy fix for me...Woody did it all! We had it for supper...very good! I had a dentist appointment this afternoon...just a cleaning this time and no problems were found so I am good for another six months...hopefully! Glad to have that dreaded event out of the way for a while! Late in the afternoon, Woody went on a four-mile walk. Now I'm off to watch Dancing With the Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment