Thursday, November 28, 2013

Gobble! Gobble!

I know that I woke up waaaaaaaaay too early...probably due to coughing! But it was too cold to get up and get busy around the house so I just stayed snug under my covers for quite a while and read. It got down to 17 in the night. Brrrrr! We have pretty much stayed inside today. I'm not sure if Woody went outside for any reason or not. I do know that he opened the front door long enough to toss a lady bug outside. Woody and the dishwasher have helped me keep up with cooking dishes. Today I sliced the bread that I made for the stuffing/dressing (whichever you prefer to call it!). Ours never gets stuffed into the bird...does that make it dressing?!? After slicing the bread, I put it in a slow oven for it to dry. When it was dried enough then I cubed it and stored it for Saturday morning when I make the dressing. I also sliced and chopped mushrooms, celery and onion and sauteed it so it would be ready when I stir all the ingredients together for the dressing on Saturday. I also made the brown sugar/pecan topping for our sweet potato casserole. The flour is out ready for me to make rolls tomorrow. The pumpkin is thawed for our pumpkin pies that I will make tomorrow along with pecan pies. Tomorrow is pie and roll day! At a point I had to go rest since I had awakened so early this morning, plus all the coughing that I am doing really wears me out. So I ended up taking a pretty good nap this afternoon. I am now getting ready to do a couple of cleaning jobs that need to be done before Saturday...trying to choose cleaning jobs that will stay clean and won't have to be done again...so not vacuuming tonight...maybe dust since I don't have much area to dust when the Christmas decorations are out...so that won't take me long. Woody has taken it easy icing his knee at intervals and watching football, etc. during the day and evening. Now if my cough would just go away before Saturday...but if it is the way it has been in years when my allergies hit me this way, the cough will linger. I feel sorry for Woody having to listen to my hacking. And, I am getting so sore from coughing that I really dread each time that a coughing "fit" comes on! My voice is mostly back...just sort of gravelly at this point. Happy Thanksgiving to all our family and friends! Hope that you have had a wonderful day! We are looking forward to our day of celebration on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment