Saturday, June 21, 2014

50 Year High School Reunion Night

It is Woody's 50 year high school reunion tonight.  He should be well into eating and catching up as I type this.  I am here in the hotel room watching a storm blow in!  Looks like it may be quite a storm...lots of  strong wind and lots of  lightning...so far...supposed to be rain and perhaps hail also.  Hopefully I'm safe here in the hotel and Woody is safe in the banquet hall.

We had an uneventful travel day.  We left home around 5:30am.  We ate lunch in Illinois close to the MO border.  Then we came on into St. Louis and stopped for dessert at Ted Drewe's Frozen Custard Stand.  It has been in the same spot for 75 years...and they have lots of yummy flavors.  I had a Cardinal Sin Concrete...fudge and tart cherries...named for the St. Louis Cardinals.  A concrete is a big cup of very thick frozen custard.  Now Woody just had a favorite...a strawberry shake...he wasn't very adventurous with his choice!  We always tried to stop here with the kids when we were on vacation in St. Louis.  Today we talked to Melany while we were heading there and then called Nathan and Kathy after the fact...just wanted to make them all drool!  After Ted Drewe's, we got back on the road and found where Woody's shindig was being held so he could easily find it on his own.  Then we headed on to the hotel.  We will go to the zoo in the morning...the good Lord willin'!  And, then after a while at the zoo, we will head on home.

Tonight's picture is a cheater...I took this quite a few years ago when we actually visited the arch.  Today I got drive-by photos of the arch.  I won't have access to the pictures from this trip till I get home...so last night I loaded this one onto a new blog and then just saved it as a draft.  More than one way to skin a cat when it comes to posting pictures on the blog!  Well, the rain has gotten to where I am...guess I can say...first thunderstorm of the summer!  Happy First Day of Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment