Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Shade & Sun aka Hot and Humid!

Woody walked five miles this morning.  He said later that he should have gone for his walk earlier as it was already hot and humid out.  Before he left on his walk, Woody told me that when he got back he and I would walk around the block (trying to get me acclimated for our walk at the St. Louis Zoo).  When he got back, Isaac was visiting, so we invited him to go on the walk with us.  We looked for animals (wild animals)...we spotted several birds, a kitty cat, several squirrels, a dog...so it was a successful animal finding walk.  Woody decided to teach Isaac about shade and sun.  He pointed out to Isaac how it was much hotter when you walked in the bright (sunny) places on the road, but was a bit cooler when we walked in the darker (shady) places on the road.  Tonight's photo shows Isaac when he spots his house and his dad standing in front of his house.  He was happy to see his daddy and his house!  After lunch, I headed off to run an errand or two before I headed to the church to work in the library.  After I left, Woody headed off to do his Wednesday Krogering.  A little while ago, before Woody put the car back into the garage, we vacuumed out the trunk and the inside of the car...getting ready for our St. Louis trip. Boy was it hot and humid out there...and boy did I ever get eaten up by mosquitoes!

Woody did mention today that he felt a bit wiped out today.  I said that there were probably several reasons...the hot temperatures and how humid it is and plus he had those tests run yesterday...nuclear medicine running through his veins!  I'm glad that he actually told me that he was feeling a bit wimpy...he doesn't usually admit it!

I will relay a funny story about yesterday.  I don't want to forget that it happened and I didn't mention it last night.  I use the blog as a diary to jog my memory at times as to just what exactly happened.  And, it is fun to remember funny things as well as serious things!  Woody's appointments were late yesterday...3:15 and 6:30pm so we weren't sure whether we could use their valet parking or not.  The valet parker said that it wouldn't be a problem...that if they were already closed up (6pm) when we finished that we were just to call a phone number and they would have our car to us very quickly.  So...Woody was finished at 6:05pm...and, of course they were gone from the valet parking area as were most of the workers at Vanderbilt.  I had forgotten my cell phone, but had noticed that there was a telephone at the reception desk for patient/visitor use.  So I headed for the phone and attempted to dial.  I finally got it to ring...but it would only ring busy...for 15 minutes I tried...still busy.  So we headed back to the Cancer research registration area and found one worker.  She ended up getting them to answer and our car was promptly brought to us.  She said that she just dialed the last five digits.  Well...I had no idea to do that and there were no such instructions at the complimentary phone or on the valet parking ticket.  If I had had my own phone there wouldn't have been this problem. For a while I was wondering if we were going to have to stay there till the folk arrived in the valet parking area the next morning!  Even with that delay we were still driving away from Vandy by 6:30pm...the time for Woody's final appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment