Saturday, June 28, 2014

Saturday Doings


 It has been a rather busy Saturday.  Woody got up early and walked four miles.  Later in the morning he went to the library and also his weekly trip to Walmart for groceries.  Before he left I had him help me move a couple of heavy things in the bedroom so I would be able to wash the other window.  Just as I opened the window it began to rain so I had to close them up for a while till the rain passed.  While I was waiting I got the curtains into the drier to spin around on the air cycle to get the dust out of them.  Once I got the windows washed and the curtains back up, I had Woody move the heavy pieces back in place.  So our room is getting cleaner...pretty clean now...except for the closet (another time!) and I should vacuum under the bed...but I just don't have the energy to pull out what the few things that are under there...again another day.  After I got the bedroom finished.  I headed downstairs to make a marinated salad.  It has fresh green beans in it and one of my friends gave me a BIG bag of green beans so I wanted to make that salad.  I got it put together and into the refrigerator.  Then I loaded up the dishwasher and got it going.  And, that is about the time that my energy ran out for the day!  The recliner has looked pretty good since then.  I have a good book to read and every once in a while I do a Sudoku puzzle on my iPad.  I have also messaged back and forth with my niece.  She is off for a weekend in the Grand Canyon area with her kids and my sister...so I have been checking up on them!  The last I heard from them they were at Bearazona...hope that the bears haven't gotten them!

Tonight's photos were taken in Sea Lion Sound at the St. Louis Zoo.  It is a really neat tunnel that goes through where the sea lions swim...pretty neat to have them swim right over you.  The top picture is right as we entered the tunnel.  Woody is in the white shirt.  In the photo on the left you can see the people who have left the tunnel and are still looking at the sea lions swimming.  Where those people are standing are where I was standing when I took the picture on the right. The sea lions love to swim upside down as shown in the picture on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment