Friday, June 20, 2014

Another Rescue!


Woody walked six miles early this morning. He also did a little mowing today. Abigail came over and invited me to come and take pictures of Joseph (he'll turn 5 months old while we are gone).  They had him posing on a blanket in the front yard.  She also told me that one of the baby cardinals had fallen out of the nest.  Nathan had peeked in the bush where the nest is to take a look at the baby cardinals and one of them jumped/fell off the edge of the nest...they are probably about ready to leave the nest.  But Mama cardinal was not happy and was letting them know!  So Nathan got out his gloves and scooped up the little one and put him back into the nest...after several pictures were snapped and several pairs of little eyes checked out the baby bird up close and personal.  I'm thinking that you can sort of see a bit of a tinge of red in its feathers.  Never a dull moment next door!  Mama cardinal was back in the nest fairly quickly after Nathan put her baby back.

Woody and I have spent the day doing tasks to get us ready to head to St. Louis in the morning.  I am just about all packed...a trip that only involves one night is pretty easy to pack for.  We will head off fairly early in the morning.  Woody's reunion dinner is tomorrow night.  Then on our way back on Sunday, we will stop at the zoo for me to have a fun time trying out my cameras and lenses on various animals.

I think that I am starting on my third round with my allergies.  My cough has been coming back for a couple of days now and I started sneezing and blowing my nose a couple of hours ago.  Well, back to getting ready.  "See" you in St Louis tomorrow night...the good Lord willin'!


No comments:

Post a Comment