Thursday, June 26, 2014

Thursday...all day


Woody got up really early and walked twelve miles...makes me tired just thinking about walking that far!  That's the first time in a while that he has walked that much at one time.  I guess the Galapagos tortoise is a good picture for today as Woody got to find worms and feed Elijah's turtles.  Woody said that the baby snapping turtle really attacked the worm that he dropped in for him.  I don't think that the box turtles are quite so aggressive.  Woody also did some work in the yard today...some mowing...until a rain shower ended that endeavor.

I decided that today was the day that I needed to try to reclaim the house from so much dust, dirt and grime! I just haven't felt much like cleaning lately and it is beginning to show.  I worked on our bedroom...vacuuming and dusting.  So far my allergies/coughing aren't much worse than when I started.  Often it is better for my allergies to just let the dust stay where it is rather than dusting and stirring it up!  I did use the dusting attachment on the vacuum first trying to keep the dust going back into the air at a minimum.  I'm still not done, but it is cleaner than it was when I got up this morning.  I also made us a "concoction" for supper...trying to make something that my mother used to make...goulash (noodles, hamburger, tomatoes, corn).  It ended up tasting pretty good...not exactly like mothers but was tasty and an easy top of the stove meal.  I'm waiting for 8pm to finish part of my cleaning.  I have an antique handmade runner on my dresser and it needed to be hand-washed.  I'm waiting to iron it till 8pm like the electric company has asked us to...we aren't supposed to use items that are high electricity users between noon and 8pm during the summer months...the high peak usage times..trying to comply. Once I have that pressed, then I will be able to get the things off our bed that go back on top of the dresser.  Woody has been down in the kitchen cleaning up the mess from my cooking concoction.  And, that about sums up our Thursday.  Oh, I meant to end last night's blog with a reminder that Christmas is just six months away...tonight it is one day less than six months away!  Can you believe it???

No comments:

Post a Comment