Saturday, June 14, 2014

Consider the Lilies of the Field...

Woody walked six miles today.  He also did his Saturday trip to Walmart and the library.  He got several books for me...so I am a happy camper with a stack of unread books next to me.  I did make one of our favorite newer recipes (a recipe that I found on one of my recipe apps for my iPad)...Rottini and chicken thighs.  The chicken is baked in a slow oven for an hour and a half in marinara sauce.  The original recipe calls for "canned" marinara sauce, but I make my own.  This bakes and just makes the chicken so very tender.  Once baked, it is served over rottini or whatever pasta floats your boat.  The recipe calls for penne, but that is not our favorite so I have substituted rottini. We were going to have it tonight for supper, but we went to a 50th wedding anniversary party late this afternoon and we were so well fed there that we are forgoing it till tomorrow...and hopefully some leftovers for Monday.  We had a good time visiting with friends at the anniversary party.  Now we are in for a quiet evening at home.  I'm ready to head to my chair and Woody is resting downstairs on the couch...such a lively pair...not!

No comments:

Post a Comment