Friday, June 6, 2014

Friday

Woody walked six miles this morning.  His route included the vegetable/fruit market so he could replenish our tomato supply.  I cleaned the dining room this morning.  Since the table was pulled out from our meal yesterday with Melany, Erin, and Alex it was a good time to do a good vacuuming and dusting/polishing. Late morning after Woody got back from his walk, one of  Dr. Sosman's nurses called us to update Woody's information.  She was checking on whom to check in with at NIH to request records from his visit in January and his latest visit.  I thought that I had taken care of that info getting to Vanderbilt...but they hadn't received anything except for the CT and PET scans which came from medical records at NIH. Hopefully all the information (his current medications, surgeries since last we saw them at Vandy, etc.) we fed her today will make for less paper work on Tuesday.  By hearing from her, we know for sure that they are expecting us on Tuesday...we had heard from an animated voice reminder, but it is always to talk to a real person!

After lunch, I headed out to get my hair cut.  I sort of wanted to run another errand or two, but decided that just the hair cut was enough gadabouting for me for today.  I rested and read for a little while after getting home and then started in on our supper.  We had baked pork chops...the recipe that calls for cream of celery soup...so since we are attempting to not use canned soups, it meant that I had to make homemade cream of celery soup before I could get them baking in the oven.  Definitely that is a step that adds to the preparation time, but the homemade soup really makes them much more tasty than the canned...so it is worth it.  Plus when I bake these I make enough for two meals.

It has been a very overcast day today, but we never got very much rain.  Tonight's photo is Lake Tullahoma taken today after I got my hair cut...you can see how lush our vegetation has gotten and also see some of today's clouds. The clouds were breaking up a bit when I took this, but they were still hanging in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment