Monday, June 16, 2014

Water Fun/Work + A Discovery!

Woody got up and went for his ten-mile walk early this morning...beating the heat.  The neighbor grandchildren started pretty early in on a car wash.  They washed our green car, their Suburban, and their camper...quite a job!  But they had fun doing it and did a very good job!  Woody suggested that if I went out and took some pictures it would get me in practice for taking pictures of wild animals at the zoo!  (We have an upcoming trip that will hopefully include a zoo visit.).  I still haven't had much energy so after taking a few pictures I came back in and went back to reading.  I finished a book last night and started another one this morning.  The new book that I am reading is an old one that I have read before (I don't usually reread books, but wanted to reread this one...Cheaper By the Dozen.)  I think that I got interested in reading it again after Woody brought home the modern DVD that is "supposed" to be based on this book.  It was one of those movies that had no resemblance to the movie except for the name...and I guess they did have dozen children...but...When checking into whether the public library still had a copy of it, I found out that there is a sequel: Belles on Their Toes.  So I will read that next.  Good fun reading material for the waiting rooms at Vanderbilt tomorrow.  There is no telling when we will be home tomorrow as one of  his scan times is in the afternoon and the other in the evening.  We won't have to leave home all that early, but we will probably get home pretty late.  He got a call from a tech person this afternoon giving him some further instructions about when to stop eating and when to be there, etc.

This afternoon I had an appointment at my favorite place...the dentist.  This time just for a cleaning and a check-up...an easy visit this time.  The dentist even said that he was glad that it was an easy appointment this time...no fainting this time!  As much as I hate to go to the dentist, I really do like our dentist.  And, today I found out that he will be retiring soon...that made me sad...now I will have to get used to a new dentist...not a happy camper thinking about having someone I don't know poking around in my mouth! Our present dentist is 82...guess it is time for him to enjoy retired life!

Woody went to church this evening for a time of visiting/following up with some of  the families who had children in VBS this past week.  The plan was to take some cookies to these families and tell them that we were glad that their children had attended VBS.

Just a few minutes ago the children ran over all excited.  They had made a discovery of another bird nest that had a baby bird and an egg in it.  This time the next of a cardinal...noted as they saw the mama cardinal fly out of the bush.  Nathan got out a step stool so I could climb up on it and he parted the branches so I could get a picture.  It's the first time that any of us remember seeing a baby cardinal.  I know that the mama was happy when we moved away from the area!





No comments:

Post a Comment