Thursday, June 5, 2014

Weeding Day!


Today was a good day to weed.  Melany had set this day aside to come and help us in the gardens weather permitting.  She decided that it would be a good day since we had had rain in the night so it would be easier to weed.  She spent a long time in the large flower garden that straddles Nathan and our property line.  Erin and Alex accompanied her.  Alex played regular Monopoly with some of the bigger kids and Erin played Junior Monopoly with the younger kids.  Erin and I went to the library and she got a movie and a book.  Everyone just sort of hung out and did many sundry things during the day.  We had hamburgers and trimmings and chips and corn on the cob for lunch.  Then Melany and her daddy went back to the garden and worked.  I went in and took a nap!  When I woke up I realized that I was hurting and that probably meant more bad weather was on the way.  I checked radar and sure enough.  So I went downstairs and urged Melany to gather up the kids and head back home before the storm got here.  They made it safely home.  We had a very nice day.  And, the garden is looking great!

No comments:

Post a Comment