Monday, June 2, 2014

Up In The Air!

We seem to be up in the air about quite a few things these days.  Of course we are now waiting till next week to see what the next/new step will be to fight what may be Woody's melanoma recurring.  Then to add to that wait, he has added another "wait and see" to his health.  When he went to see his urologist several weeks ago, his PSA had risen from the last time it was tested.  So his urologist urged him to have a prostate biopsy.  The doctor at NIH concurred that it would be a good idea to go on and have the biopsy. So Woody had a prostate biopsy this morning.  I had Nathan take him to the doctor as I wasn't sure that I could "handle" him when it was time to come home due to the fact that they had him take a couple valium and he had never taken a drug like that before.  So I stayed home and took care of six of the grandchildren plus their 10-year-old cousin because Joseph had a doctor appointment at the same time as Woody's.  Woody has taken it easy most of the rest of the day.  He actually slept a good part of the afternoon...the sleep should be good for whatever ails him!  Woody has an appointment with the urologist this coming Monday.  Next week is a big week for doctor appointments for us...oh, boy!  Looks like we will be on the road quite a bit for said doctor appointments...two on Monday in Tullahoma, one on Tuesday in Nashville, and one in McMinnville on Thursday...at least that is all that are scheduled at the moment.  I got up early this morning and did quite a few things before I went over to Nathan and Kathy's so this afternoon was good for a nap for me too.  I am still coughing, but I do think that I am getting better...at least I hope I am...I rescheduled my dental cleaning and check-up for the third time this morning as I just can't imagine him working in my mouth with me struggling to breathe and coughing the way I am...hopefully I will get to the appointment before he retires or my teeth rot out!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment