Friday, June 27, 2014

Friday Findings!

Look what I discovered on the light pole that is on the street in between our house and Nathan and Kathy's.  The hole that you are looking at, I believe, is their nest and I think that perhaps there might be a family in there as they spent the whole day coming and going.  This is waaaaaaaaaay up in the air at the very tip top of the pole.  I used the extra zoom strength on my camera lens.  I have been seeing a red headed woodpecker every so often on the pole lately, but only today discovered that they might be living there.  They are beautiful birds!  I managed to take several pictures, but in the meanwhile I got eaten up by mosquitoes once again. My sister told me to rub vinegar on my legs and arms...I decided to try, but it didn't work...at least "our" mosquitoes weren't repelled by it.

Woody walked four miles early this morning.  He did some more mowing again today.  He also ran several errands after lunch. Today I continued cleaning our bedroom.  I decided to tackle the windows.  We have the easy to clean windows...but it still isn't totally easy, as the curtains have to come down.  And...if the curtains are down then they need to be run through the drier on the air cycle to get some dust out of them.  I also am trying to correct a problem with the way they hang...so worked on that too.  I only got one window done...windows washed and curtains back up.  I guess tomorrow I will tackle the other window.  I got a bit distracted from my window task due to discovering the woodpeckers.  So took several picture breaks which made the window task take longer. Supper was easy tonight as we had left over goulash from last night...even better the second go-round!  A friend dropped by a little while ago with some books for our church library and we had a nice time chatting.

No comments:

Post a Comment