Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Back in a Groove?

We got back...at least a bit...into routine today.  We'll just get back into routine and have to break out of it once again because we will go to Vanderbilt on Thursday...I guess two days of routine are better than none? We had school...Isaac first and then Elijah.  Woody went visiting at the Life Care Center today  and took Nathan and Abigail and Joy with him.  As they left, Esther came over to read.  Then Graham came over in place of Joy.  Not long after he finished his reading time Abigail was home and ready to read and then Joy came in Graham's place.  So all got to read today who were supposed to.  Since I missed Abigail's sewing time yesterday, she came over for her time after lunch.  She really is making progress and the completion of her dress is in sight.  Today she did a bit of hand sewing.  Then we started on the sleeves.  We went back and forth between my machine and their machine as mine has a special setting for the easing stitch for sleeves.  Abigail sewed up the seam on the sleeve and then I showed her how to ease the sleeves in and baste them in before sewing them on the machine.  After she went home, I finished setting in the sleeves.  The skirt is next...so the end is in sight...she may yet finish the dress before she outgrows it!

Woody walked to the prayer room at church this evening and has returned.  While he was gone, I ground up the oregano that I had dried using Nathan and Kathy's dehydrator.  I think that I am finished drying herbs for this year...I have done parsley, rosemary and oregano.  Nice to be able to fill up the containers that I have and not have to buy new from the store.

We are attempting to get used to the time change.  I think that I noticed the time change more today than I did on Sunday or Monday.  It is still rather confusing to have it get dark so early.  I kept thinking that it was much later than it was several times today.

No comments:

Post a Comment