Saturday, November 22, 2014

Time Does Fly!

Look who turned 10 months old today...our sweet Joseph.  I spent a little while next door this morning snapping a few pictures. Woody's first task of the day was to deliver the cranberry orange bread to the church.  Then he headed off to do his usual Saturday errands...the library, Walmart, and today he included a second trip for the week to Kroger since he was getting underway with our Thanksgiving grocery shopping.  When he got home I put away the groceries. He felt rather done in...had one of his zapped of energy times.  I'm glad that I had cleaned out the refrigerator yesterday as today it began filling up...what with a turkey and other items that will eventually become part of our Thanksgiving feast.  On the days preceding our family Thanksgiving, I try to do tasks that will help me be closer to ready when the big onslaught of cooking has to take place.  Today I made Savory Herb Stuffing bread.  I have two loaves cooling as I type this.  On another day I will slice the loaves and dry them in the oven and cube them for our dressing.  The age old question...is it dressing or stuffing.  Well, since I don't stuff our turkey with it does that make ours dressing? I tend to use the words interchangeably. Anyway...the first item is cooked that will become a part of our Thanksgiving feast next Saturday. One item down, ????? items to go! Woody walked six miles this afternoon while the bread was rising.  I have loaded the dishwasher and it is washing away.  I think that the rest of the evening may be dedicated to resting and relaxing for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment