Thursday, November 27, 2014

Gobble! Gobble!

How does this turkey compare to yours (I'll bet this one is drier than yours!)?  This was the centerpiece on Nathan and Kathy and family's table this evening.  We went over there for a nontraditional Thanksgiving dinner.  The children made this turkey today along with turkey napkin holders.  We had a nice meal of barbecue pork chops, rice and salad.  And, for dessert Abigail made us a yummy pumpkin pudding dessert.
I had a slow start to my day, but once I got started I did manage to get a lot done.  The rolls are baked, the veggies are prepared for the dressing, the topping for the sweet potato casserole is ready.  I am slowly but surely checking things off my list.  Tomorrow is "pie day."  Hopefully when I blog tomorrow night I can say that I have the four pies made.  I did a little more cleaning...mainly dusting.

Woody has read, done crossword puzzles, and watched football.  He walked four miles this afternoon.  He thinks that his kidney stone problem is over...but I hate to say it as he has thought that before and been wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment