Friday, November 7, 2014

Packing It Up

I am in the midst of packing up my sewing things that I will need for tomorrow's quilting day.  I am trying to only take things that I will need but there are quite a few needed items.  This year I will need less as I only plan to piece on Isaac's quilt.  I was in the midst of ironing some of the fabrics that I will need tomorrow when I realized that it was time to blog.

As far as I can tell Woody is still doing well with no effects from the Keytruda infusion.  He had the kitchen all cleaned up for me when I got up this morning...so I could mess it up again! He walked four miles this morning.  I have done a little of this and a little of that today...a little cleaning and really more than a little cooking.  I have made chicken broth for a soup that I will be making sometime in the next few days.  Then I made homemade cream of mushroom soup for pork chops that I baked for our supper.  I have made this recipe for years using either cream of celery soup or cream of mushroom soup.  The other day I came across a recipe on the internet that seemed to improve upon my original recipe and then I improved on theirs by making my own mushroom soup.  They were very good and the recipe made more than one meal...something that I am always glad for a recipe to do.  And,  now I am heading back to continue packing/preparing for tomorrow's sewing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment