Monday, November 17, 2014

Monday Came...Again!

Monday came and is now almost gone...easy come, easy go!  It has been another cold day.  We had a normal day of school.  Isaac came over first.  Elijah came in just as Isaac was asking Goosey (Woody) to take him home.  Elijah came in with the news that it was snowing!  I had read a prediction that it would be snowing at 9am...and this time a weather prediction was right.  It didn't snow long...but you could see it on some of the leaves outside and also on our car...for a very short time.  Esther came right after Elijah left for her reading out loud time.  Then Joy came for her reading time.  I had a short break and then it was Abigail's time to sew with me for an hour.  We were sooooooo close to being finished with that I told her she could come over after she finished with her school work at her house.  I ate a quick lunch and then got started on making soup for our supper...Old Fashioned Cabbage Soup.  May not sound the best...but it really hit the spot.  I got all the veggies chopped...just had the cabbage left to slice when Graham came over for his reading time.  After Graham, Elijah came over for his long Grammy time.  Monday is the only day that I have all six come for time with me.  After Elijah left I got busy again on the soup and got it finished.  I was ready to sit after I got it finished!  So I rested for a while and read a little more in the book I'm reading.  I am having fun reading this book as I am messaging back and forth with the author while I am reading it...definitely a new experience!  After I rested for a while, Abigail came back over and she sewed the skirt to the bodice and then tried it on.  She was so happy that it fit!  There are just a few finishing details that need to be done and it will be ready for her to wear on Sunday.

Woody has done a little of this and a little of that today.  He didn't walk as it has been quite cold and windy all day.  It is supposed to get down into the teens tonight. (This seems like January weather rather than November...did I miss Christmas?) He has read, watched TV, done crossword puzzles, etc...all good activities for a cold winter(y) (wait it is still Fall) day! At this point into his new melanoma treatment the only "perhaps" side effect is that every once in a while he is very tired...the kind of tired when you just can't move for a while.  He said that he doesn't know if it is the new Keytruda or the former Yervoy (ipi) that is making him feel this way at times.  It is the same feeling that he got once in a while when he was taking the Yervoy.  We do know that the Yervoy can still be having an effect as sometimes results from it don't happen till 26 weeks or more down the road from taking it.  These two infusions can work together. And, one of the side effects for both is fatigue.  Dr. Sosman didn't want to wait around for all those weeks to see if Yervoy was going to work on Woody.  He wanted to go on and get started with the Keytruda.  Woody will have his second Keytruda infusion next Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment