Monday, November 24, 2014

Preparations Underway

Today has been a very pretty Fall day...though a bit windy.  The leaves are really coming down as can be seen in tonight's photo.  I took this picture this afternoon when I got my hair cut.  Thanksgiving preparations today have been cleaning upstairs...normally that probably wouldn't happen...but Erin is going to stay with us starting on Saturday for a week.  I had to turn the guest room back into a guest room...lately that room has become the "girls' sewing room."  So I had to pick up their projects off the guest bed.  And, I have dusted and vacuumed in there...so the room is now ready for a guest.  I haven't done any cooking today...that will get underway on Wednesday.  I got the bread baked and sliced and dried and cubed over the weekend so that is all bagged up and ready for the big day when it becomes our traditional dressing.  Over the weekend I made two lists...one for cleaning and one for cooking...slowly but surely I am checking items off said lists.

Woody went for his walk fairly early this morning as it was forecast to be as warm as it was going to get today.  He walked four miles.  He also went to the Life Care Center this morning to have Bible study with a gentleman.

Tomorrow we will be heading to Vanderbilt for Woody's second Keytruda infusion.  His appointments (lab, doctor, infusion) are fairly late in the afternoon so there is no telling when we will get home.  We did get an automated call a little while ago asking us to confirm our appointment with Dr. Sosman's assistant (thought that we were going to see Dr. Sosman...guess time will tell) and the time that they quoted was thirty minutes earlier than the appointment time we were given when we made the appointment. So looks like "things" may have changed a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment