Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Keepin' On

My preparations for Thanksgiving continue.  It's getting closer, but not as close as some folks' Thanksgiving...as I still have several days to prepare.  At this point as far as food goes...we have a gelatin salad that I made today and the turkey continues to thaw...so perhaps we will eat.  Today I continued giving the house a "lick and a promise."  I'm not doing much deep cleaning as we will do that as we clear off tables and shelves when we begin decorating. I have just vacuumed and done some quick dusting.  The upstairs bathrooms are cleaned. The guest room is ready for Erin.  I "think" that I am going to have a helper (Erin) for decorating this year, we'll see if she is interested in helping her Grammy or not!  Woody made grocery stops at Kroger and Walmart this morning.  He just had to pick up a few things...not a major shopping trip.  He walked four miles this afternoon.  It has been a chilly day and it started to drizzle a little while ago.

Two points of interest...the first I am posting so I have a record of it...Woody has another kidney stone.  He said that he woke up this morning not feeling right and it took him a while to figure out what it was.  It has been a while since he has had one...so guess he had forgotten the initial symptoms!  He said that at the moment it must not be moving as he isn't hurting.

Next point of interest...I was talking to Melany on the cell phone and she informed me that Graham had killed his first deer this evening...she had found out on Facebook...so she found out sooner than her parents who live right next door to Graham. I had been on Facebook not long ago...but had shut it down before Nathan posted.  I'm staying away.  Woody did walk over and check things out.  Congratulations to Graham from Grammy...this is as close as I am going to get to congratulate him till all evidence of the deer is far far away!

Wishing all our blog readers a wonderful Thanksgiving Day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment