Tuesday, September 12, 2017

3 Days to Go!

Seemed like these three pansies were a good photo for Countdown Day 3!  They are especially good as they are some pansies that I took a picture of the last time that I went to Arizona...pansies from Cheryl's pretty gardens.  Of the two of us, Cheryl is the one who got the green thumb! She loves puttering out in her gardens...me not so much...probably my flowers sense that!

It has been another busy day...though I haven't gotten a lot done in the house as this was haircut day and after my haircut I decided that it was time for my obligatory Walmart trip prior to having visitors!  I "always" go to Walmart just before I leave on a trip and almost always go to Walmart just prior to a visitor coming.  I do go at other times...but those two times seem to be "necessary trips!"  Today I "needed" to go to Walmart because the two flourescent light tubes in the kitchen both went out...I can't remember when they have gone out at the same time before. And, because I needed to stop and buy the flourescent lights, I figured that it was a good time to go on and pick up the other things that had been accumulating on a list as I have been bustling around the house.  I got all the items on my list and got back home and Woody had already attempted to take the burned out...these are the 48" long tubes...not the easiest.  Well, he managed to get the one out that we thought had gone out and replaced it with the one that we had in reserve.  BUT after he did that we realized that both were bad...AND neither of us can get that one to turn correctly to come out of the fixture...Woody has the problem that he can only raise one of his arms over his head...a hard job to do one handed!  And, for some reason I have never been able to do those tubes...we continue to take breaks and then try again.  So if the saying: "If at first you don't succeed, try try again" is true then we should eventually be able to get it out and then replace it...if not then I guess that we will just have to wait till Nathan or Graham are home to help out...if not maybe it will be the first thing that I ask Cheryl to do after she gets here!  It has been a bit hard to work in the kitchen as it seems rather dark without the overhead lights!  Thank goodness for the lights under the cabinets, over the sink and over the stove.  But I will have this "no lights" time period to explain away anything that I just "think" is clean because I can't see!  Today I started on the other side of the kitchen...just cleaning off the counter...wiping off appliances, etc. One half of that side of the kitchen looks wonderful!  I just cleaned the inside of the microwave (on yesterday's side of the kitchen...not quite finished over there yet!)  I grabbed the towels out of the drier as I was coming upstairs to blog and have them folded and hung in the guest bathroom.  I have waited as the neighbor grandchildren use that bathroom when they over here and use those towels...hopefully they will stay clean for three days!

Woody walked to the prayer room at church and has just returned.  We haven't had much rain in the daylight hours...mainly just a drizzle or fine mist...enough earlier this afternoon to turn on the windshield wipers and the lights on the car automatically.  I'm not sure how much rain that we got due to Irma as the rain gauge decided to stop registering...where is Graham when we need him for these technical things!  But the flowers continue to be happy with the rain that we have been getting.  There are lots of leaves down...not sure if it is due to the wind or just heavy rain that we got for a while last night.  I was never really aware of a lot of wind...maybe I was asleep for the wind...or just didn't hear it due to hearing rain on the roof.

Well, back to doing "something" to get ready for my visitor!


No comments:

Post a Comment