Saturday, September 2, 2017

Getting in the Mooooood for Fall!

Talk about a chilly morning...I actually got out a sweatshirt and wore it for a while till I warmed up.  Woody got rained on lightly on his six mile walk this morning.  So he felt the chill also.  He enjoyed a sweatshirt for a while this morning also.  Mornings like these do make you "Think Fall!"  The whole day was quite nice...sun shone as we got on into the day, lower temperatures and lower humidity.  Pretty nice!

Woody went to the library this morning.  I stayed home and puttered around.  I am still working on getting a couple of loads of wash done.  This afternoon I put together the potato salad for Monday's Labor Day lunch.  This will give it time to meld the flavors together and get extra good and cold.  I made the recipe for potato salad that Melany gave us a few summers back.  It is called Lime and Thyme Potato salad.  It has lime zest, lime juice, and home grown fresh thyme (2 kinds=lemon thyme and English thyme). It uses sour cream along with mayo for the dressing.  It is a very refreshing potato salad.  I also dried some terragon in the microwave to replenish our supply.  While I was walking around getting the herbs, I did a little weeding.  Woody did some weeding and picking up of sticks today also.  He also shucked the corn for Monday's Labor Day lunch.  This afternoon I spent time getting tomorrow's Sunday School lesson ready.  Joseph spent some time over here playing with his various animals...today both farm and zoo animals.  He also played a couple of games on my iPad that involved animal sounds.  He had fun getting his plastic animals out like the animals he was hearing on the screen.  He would put the animal right up next to the screen...so when the goose was honking on the iPad, Joseph's goose was right up to the screen looking.  He also had fun sharing blueberries with Goosey (Woody).

I plan to print off my Sunday School notes and then finish the book that I am reading.  Woody is reading and watching a football game.

No comments:

Post a Comment