Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Countdown Continues Regardless (9)

So the countdown countdown continues...whether I do "anything" towards my sister's arrival or not! Nine days to go till she arrives! Today has been a busy day...not much time to do things around the house to get ready for "company!".  Woody got up early and walked in the very cool temperatures.  We have definitely have had cooler temperatures today.  Tonight's picture was supposed to be a leaf that I took some time back in another year...another Fall...but for some reason the picture just sits and won't upload onto the blog...so I guess you will just have to use your imagination tonight...a single golden leaf on the sidewalk! I woke up early...not sure why as I went to bed late.  But in waking up early, I realized that I would have time to finish up the work on the latest church library memorials...writing the letters to the donors and the families of the one memorialized.  I got those written just a little before time for school to start.  I handed the addressed envelopes to Woody and asked him to put stamps on them and take them out to the mailbox...so that job is done for the time being.  I had a full morning of school.  Esther got the rest of her apron cut out and we started doing a little sewing on it.  I ate a quick lunch and headed out the door to work in the church library. Donna and I worked on getting some of the new books processed...so there will be new books for the interested on Sunday morning.  I came home and decided that it was time for a rest which turned into a nap.  Woody headed off around 5 to go to church.  Tonight is "The Great Hunt" for the youth...a scavenger hunt done in cars using phone cameras to prove that they find the things on the list.  Abigail recruited Goosey (Woody) to be the driver for a car for her and her friends!  That should prove to be an interesting time!  I stayed behind (very willingly!) and have been working on figuring out what Elijah will do for science experiments tomorrow...wonder if we will blow up anything tomorrow!  I think that one thing he will learn about tomorrow is hurricanes...rather a timely lesson?!?  Woody just came home...Abigail and her crew came in 7th (out of 8 vehicles)...hey...better that than last!!! Especially when he told me who was 8th...Abigail's daddy's vehicle and Joy's crew of friends...so at least Abigail beat out her younger sister's team (and Woody triumphed over his son!) (I have a feeling that it was more important to Abigail to win over Joy than Woody over Nathan!)!  I'm sure that fun was had by all...win or lose!  And, there is already anticipation for next year's Great Hunt! Well, I'm going to publish this and then see if I can add a photo afterward...ahhh! It worked!  So how was your imagination at visualizing this picture?

No comments:

Post a Comment