Thursday, September 14, 2017

One To Get Ready! (1)


Here's the beans before and after cooking for almost 8 hours in the oven at 250 degrees.  And, even if I do say so myself, they are pretty tasty.  I will let them cool for a little while and then pop them in the refrigerator and they will be ready for one of our meals this weekend.  And, besides the title hinting at the day in the countdown...it also tells that I have one more recipe that I plan to make tomorrow before it is time to leave the house to pick Cheryl up.  After Woody goes to the store I plan to make Stuffed Spud Soup...and then I am through with cooking till we run out of what is already cooked and I have to make more!  Since I have a couple of things in the freezer we should definitely make it a little beyond the weekend. The downstairs only has a little left to do...mop the kitchen floor and clean the kitchen sink (I think).  Of course there are always those unexpected jobs...like this afternoon when I discovered that a pipe had broken under the sink in the downstairs bathroom.  What a mess that was as there were towels stored under in that cabinet...all soaked...oh, well, our plumbers (Nathan and Graham) were johnny on the spot and are in the midst of fixing it.  Nathan thought that he had a pipe that would work...but it didn't so it will take a trip to Lowes before it can be fixed.  I have gotten all the downstairs vacuumed with Woody doing his domain...the family room.  I still need to do a lick and a promise in the upstairs.  But things are winding down on getting ready...good thing!  I will work on the front porch while Woody grocery shops in the morning.  We finally saw sunshine today...nice after quite a few cloudy and overcast days.  Woody walked four miles this afternoon and on his way home stopped at our pharmacy to pick up one of his prescriptions.  I managed to get a pair of jeans cut out for myself.  I needed to get them cut out so I could fold down my cutting table and store it away.  Woody is now at Elijah's baseball game.  I stayed home to get a little more done and perhaps sit and rest for a few minutes. Cheryl doesn't get in till late tomorrow night so not sure when I will be able to blog...might blog from Melany and Wade's house if I take my ipad...or might be very late tomorrow night...or might not be till Saturday morning!  Time will tell.  But I can now say, "Tomorrow is the day!" The only thing that worries me saying that is that there is also that saying: "Tomorrow never comes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment