Saturday, September 16, 2017

Hosts


We're busy being hosts...two different kinds of hosts...first being hosts for my sister Cheryl...her plane arrived on time last night.  Wade and Alex picked her up at the airport.  We got home a little before midnight so didn't have much visiting time last night.  But able to get a good start which has continued on to today.  We spent a good amount of time sitting on the porch talking and also visiting with the neighbors (Nathan, Kathy and seven of Cheryl's great nephews and nieces). They love their Auntie Cheryl! After supper tonight (Stuffed Spud Soup), we got the dishwasher going and she and I headed off to WalMart...shopping is something that I do more while she is visiting!  We had to pick up a couple of necessities...mainly coffee...I realized late last night that I had only decaf...oops.  Nathan and Kathy came to the rescue this morning with enough coffee for today's pot.  Now we are good to go for her visit...at least as far as coffee goes...I'm sure more shopping trips will occur!  We also got some candles to discourage the mosquitos...now to see if I can tolerate the smell when they are burning...maybe I can if they keep me from being nibbled.

The other hosting that we are doing is pictured in tonight's photos.  We are hosting caterpillars on our curly parsley.  They are enjoying it...glad to oblige this ravenous stage in their lives!  They are stripping the stems pretty bare. There are four of them altogether.  I hope that there are enough leaves for them to get to the next stage in their life cycle!  Nathan and children researched and found out that these caterpillars are going to become Eastern Black Swallowtail butterflies.

Woody walked his four miles early this morning.  Later in the morning he went to the library and made a stop at the grocery stores (2) for some items that I forgot to put on the list and also a couple that went on sale today.

No comments:

Post a Comment