Friday, September 1, 2017

This Little Piggy Welcomes September

No real significance to tonight's photo.  I was looking for some ducks...as our weather is good weather for ducks...but found this fellow grinning at me so decided to use him in tonight's blog.  Back in March, when Woody and I went out on a drive so I could take pictures, we found a group of four or five pigs rooting around in the leaves right beside the road rather than in a pig pen...just wandering around freely.

I guess I could say that Woody went to market like the piggy in the nursery rhyme!  He headed off to do our weekly shopping in rather wet conditions.  He went to three stores.  While he was away, I got busy doing a couple of jobs that I could do that wouldn't get undone before my sister comes!  Cheryl will be here two weeks from today...so it is time to start doing some of the jobs that don't get done very often that need to be done...today's job was to wash the shower curtain in the guest bathroom.  I also stewed a chicken and deboned it and cut the meat up into bite size pieces and put them in the freezer...ready to make chicken salad while she is here.  My other cooking job of the day was to hard cook some eggs for our Labor Day picnic.  I need some for potato salad and also some for deviled eggs.

Several of the children were in and out playing with one thing or another today after they finished with their school next door.  Friday is my day off from school...so they didn't have school with me today.  They hadn't played with K'nex for a while and three of them got busy with those this afternoon.

We had leftovers tonight so I didn't have to cook for our supper.  Last night we had the pasta dish I made hot and tonight we had it as a cold salad...equally good hot or cold!  After supper, Woody went to visit one of his deacon family members and then also visited a new boy in his Sunday School class.

We have had quite a wet day...but nothing to compare to all the devastating rains west of us due to Harvey.  But we have gotten over an inch of rain in the last 24 hours. It is still raining lightly. The temperature is a bit on the cool side.  When I looked at the temperature about an hour ago it was 58...a feeling of Fall in the air as we begin September!

No comments:

Post a Comment