Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Two Turtle Doves (2)

And, no, I am not decorating for Christmas prior to Cheryl's arrival...but tonight's blog title is appropriate due to the task that I did last night after I blogged. I decided that I would polish the silver spoons that hang in a wooden display in the dining room...last time Cheryl visited it was pointed out to her that I hadn't polished them prior to her visit...so am trying to rectify that oversight from her last visit.  Wonder what will get pointed out to her this time...because there is plenty being left undone!  Anyway, I polished all thirty of the spoons (a task that I do probably no more than twice a year...mainly they get done at Christmas time).  After I got them done, I decided that while my fingers were all black that I would look for other tarnished silver items.  I polished a silver dinner bell and a couple of other spoons and bells and then I remembered this shelf of bells that resides in the living room all year long as a part of my bell collection even though it depicts The Twelve Days of Christmas.  The twelve bells each represent a different day in The Twelve Days of Christmas song.  So on day two of the countdown till Cheryl arrives, the Two Turtle Doves bell is all shiny once again!  I finished the other side of the long kitchen counter this morning.  One of the things that I asked Woody to do was to put a watermelon in the fridge and I suggested that he cut into it before finding a spot for it.  Well...he cut into it and watermelon water just spewed out of it...all over the side of the counter that I did yesterday and down the front of the dishwasher...and onto the floor which hadn't been mopped yet, thankfully...I knew better than to mop the floor too soon!  We got that mess cleaned up and I slightly mopped that area of the floor so we wouldn't stick to the floor.  Before I left to go work in the church library, I made my recipe for homemade cream of chicken soup.  I need it for the soup that I am planning to make on Friday before heading toward the airport.  I made an easy casserole for our supper tonight.  And, just before heading up to blog, I vacuumed the living room and part of the dining room.  The only thing that I have to do before going to bed tonight is start soaking the beans for making Mother's recipe for Boston Baked Beans.  They have to soak over night and then cook for a loooooooooooong time tomorrow.

This afternoon while I was working at the church library, Woody went on his walk.  He included a stop for a hair cut...looks like we are all getting haircuts prior to Cheryl's visit.  I got mine cut yesterday, Woody got his cut today, and Cheryl is getting hers cut tomorrow.  Woody called his haircut a "chairyl cut" in honor of Cheryl's visit. Ha? Ha?

We have continued to have drizzle off and on...Irma revisiting.  I think that everyone will be glad to have Irma take her leave! I'm looking forward to sunnier days!  It's predicted to be quite nice for the start of Cheryl's visit.  I hope so as she is looking forward to sitting on the front porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment