Saturday, September 30, 2017

Sewin' Up a Storm!

For a few years now it has become an annual event at one of our local quilt guilds to have what they call "Sew Super Saturday."  I am not a member of a guild...but have friends in the guild who are nice enough to invite/include me in this special day.  We gather fairly early in the morning and then sew all morning and on into the afternoon.  This year's theme was Fiesta...we had Mexican food for lunch and some of the favors had a Mexican flavor = a cactus shaped pin cushion and there were bright fiesta colors around the room.  I enjoy going and getting to visit with friends and others who I don't know.  We all have a lot in common...the love of sewing.  I managed to get well underway with a Christmas present...that is good as Christmas is fast approaching! I sewed on my sewing machine for the first time since her "spa treatment" and she was good to go/sew!  My serger also is feeling much better after spending a bit of time at the "spa!" Since coming home, I have been going through the loot that I managed to acquire while there today.  We each get a door prize and this time my name got drawn for a second door prize...so I had quite a bit to go through...quilting fabric pieces, quilt books, pamphlets, a small quilted wall hanging kit which includes all the needed fabrics (I'm not much of a quilter, but this is cute and I think that I will make it), and lots of good notions: a new pair of thread snippers, special washable glue sticks, opposable tweezers (have to squeeze them for them to open), and other goodies...now to find a home for all of these items! It was a fun day! But I am ready to wind down from it now!

Woody walked early this morning before he took me to Sew Super Saturday.  I need him to take me because I can't pick up my heavy sewing machine...he comes in handy for carrying the laundry basket that I have filled with "needed" items to get me through an all-day session of sewing.  After dropping me off, he was free for the day!  I know that he went to the public library as I had a library book on my chair when I got home.  The other thing that I know that he did was make a big pot of soup: Steak Oriental.  It tasted really good for supper.  He has gotten my machine back into place so I could start sewing again this evening if I decide to...I probably should get things put away first!  The laundry basket is still full of my sewing things that I took to get me through the day while away from my sewing room.

No comments:

Post a Comment