Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Settling Back Into Routine

For me today has been all about trying to settle slowly back into routine.  I have washed, put away things, napped...Woody didn't leave his routine too much so he continues to do things that he usually does...walked four miles early this morning, mowed some, did his daily crossword puzzles, etc.  I did go to the church library this afternoon for our usual Wednesday work day.  Today Donna and I mainly had maintenance to do...checked books in and out and shelved and visited with each other.  This evening I am missing my sewing machine and serger.  I am getting things ready for "Sew Super Saturday" this Saturday...day long gathering of members of a local quilt guild and their guests...I'm a guest.  I need to get what I am going to work on ready and needed my serger.  I have word that my serger is ready, but haven't heard about my sewing machine yet.  I would prefer to pick up both machines at the same time so am trying to be patient to hear about my sewing machine.  So in the meanwhile I am using my original sewing/embroidery machine, the machine that the children use for their sewing lessons.  I am not used to sewing on it any more...and much prefer my newer machine!  I am hoping that the machine will be ready for pick-up either tomorrow or Friday...but won't hold my breath!  I can use my old machine for what I have planned to work on Saturday.  I have to get quite a bit of fabric cut before Saturday.  I would rather have the fabric cut...think that if it is there will be lots less chance of making mistakes!  I guess that Cheryl is settling back into routine in AZ as I am in TN.  We talked today while she was driving to pick up her grandchildren to take them to school. (And, yes, she has hand-free talking capability in her vehicle.)  So we have at least visited with each other today...part of the routine of the last ten days continued today!  Late morning, Joseph and the rest of his family stopped in for a few minutes after they returned from juggling practice.  Joseph had something exciting to show us...he can walk on stilts all by himself now.  Way to go, Joseph!



No comments:

Post a Comment