Friday, September 8, 2017

Countdown is "7" on the 8th!

Today we hit the one-week mark on the countdown.  We will be in Murfreesboro this time next week visiting with the Proctor's at their house as we wait for Cheryl's arrival time late in the evening.  We have to go up earlier than necessary since I am planning to drop off my sewing machine and serger at a sewing machine dealer in Murfreesboro for their "spa treatment" (cleaning and maintenance).  I figure that it is a good time to leave them as I won't be doing any sewing while Cheryl is here...at least don't plan to do any!

Woody got up early and walked in the chill of the morning once again.  Later in the morning he headed off to do our weekly grocery shopping.  While he was shopping, I did some more getting ready...today I packed up all the girls' sewing projects and put them into my sewing room.  I put the groceries away when Woody got home.  Then I stewed another chicken as he found one at a better price than last week.  So now we have chicken pieces for a chicken salad and for something else.  I continued to work in the guest room making it more guest friendly.  I even tackled the table with ALL the framed family photos on it...it is all dusted...glass in the frames windexed and even moved and dusted the books that are on the bottom shelf of that table.  Good job done...that one won't get done again for some time! There are still some K'nex in the guest room that will need to be moved to another location so Cheryl won't stub her toe on them!  As I look around I wonder if I will dust off the tops of the bookshelves in the sewing room and clean all those picture frames' glass!  Maybe...maybe not!  Cheryl had best not do the white glove test!  Abigail still has a little sewing to do on her blue jean shorts that she is making...so I haven't totally put away all the sewing things for her yet...but close!  Woody has spent time in and out today.  He spent quite a bit of time picking up sticks and mowing.  I even went out and did an outdoor job...I swept off the back patio where the herbs are growing.  Leaves had piled up and the herbs are looking so good at the moment, I didn't want the dried up leaves spoiling the effect.  Neat thing about sweeping close to the herbs...the wonderful fragrance when the broom happens to brush up against some of the herbs that are hanging over the containers...the thyme and rosemary smelled particularly good!  I left several piles of leaves and debris for Woody as he said that he would take care of that for me...at least all it is several small piles that can be dumped on the compost pile.  I walked around in the backyard with Woody and he showed me the nice sized pumpkin that is growing along with several butternut squash and a few cucumbers.  The cooler temps and the abundance of rain of late are making the plants happy.  At the moment the gardens are looking pretty good.  I sat on the front porch and ate my lunch today and read.  I've got to get some more bird food so Cheryl and I can enjoy the comings and goings of our little bird friends while we visit on the front porch. I think that I am finished with my countdown cleaning for today and think that I may work on a sewing project that I would like to have finished before Cheryl comes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment