Thursday, September 21, 2017

Reinforcements!


Erin and Alex joined us today...one of those rare times that all nine of our grandchildren are here at the same time.  Alex had the day off so brought Erin to spend a few hours with their Auntie Cheryl.  They had time to play a game of Skip-Bo with their cousins, eat lunch and then play a game of Sorry with Cheryl and me.

After they left it was time for me to have my 20 minute power nap!  After my little snooze Cheryl and I headed off to the quilt store so she could help me choose fabric for my niece Rachel's (Cheryl's daughter) Christmas present.  We were successful in finding something...now to find time to make the gift!  After supper, Joy and Esther came over and played another game of Skip-Bo...getting those game rules drilled into our heads after so many games!  We probably will be playing several more games before Cheryl's visit ends.  Tomorrow we will have to do some cooking since we will have our family get together on Saturday. Tonight Cheryl and I may look at family scrapbooks again tonight.  We have to start cramming everything in that we planned to do while she is here...the time is growing shorter...now less days than we have already spent together. Time is going too quickly...wish that it would slow down for at least a few days!  Woody is still having allergy problems so he didn't take his daily walk.  All ball games were cancelled tonight because we had pretty heavy rain for a while this morning.  Elijah and Isaac were pretty excited because they were invited to a birthday party at Jump Street tonight.  I think that Isaac was looking more forward to the pizza than the jumping!

No comments:

Post a Comment