Saturday, September 9, 2017

Saturday...Six More Days

The countdown continues...Cheryl and I will have spent most of the day together at this point next Saturday.  Woody got up and walked early again today.  When the library opened he and I both went.  After a brief time at the library we went to Lowes to buy some pansies.  I planted them in a pot to put on the front porch and the ones left over I planted in what we refer to as our mail box garden. I also did a little weeding and clipped back a rosebush that had a couple of stems growing toward the sky. I am waiting to wipe down things on the front porch till a day or so before Cheryl arrives.  I'll wait till after Irma passes us by...we will probably get some wind and quite a bit of rain.  The last place that I worked on cleaning was the laundry room and the sunroom/porch.  Last night I did start my sewing project and am going to work some more on it this evening along with putting the finishing touches on the Sunday School lesson that I will be teaching tomorrow in my ladies' Sunday School class. Woody has mowed some more and done a couple of other things outside that I asked him to do for me.  He also is putting finishing touches on his Sunday School lesson for his 6,7, and 8th grade boys' class tomorrow.  He has been watching football off and on this afternoon and reading.  The neighbors (Nathan and Kathy and family) are putting new rocks in their gardens...I must go grab a camera and get a picture of them all working on the rock pile! Cheryl texted me earlier that next week she would be sitting on the porch drinking a cup of coffee...reminded me that I needed to "reserve" the coffee pot next door for her visit!  She is the only coffee drinker in the group...the neighbors have a coffee pot because Kathy's parents drink coffee and they have it for when they visit.  And, I borrow it when we have coffee drinkers stay at our house. Well, off to take a picture of the "rock gang!"


No comments:

Post a Comment