Tuesday, September 5, 2017

The Countdown Is On! (10)

Well, it is 10 days till my sister will be here.  Now I "need" to get going on getting a bit more ready.  Today I did some more in the guest room.  I cleared everything off the dresser and end table and hand washed the dresser scarves that I have on them and then dusted the bric-a-brac that is on them and replaced everything.  Now I will only have to give it a quick dusting just before she comes.  Of course the guest room is the girls' sewing room...so projects abound on the bed at the moment.  Next Wednesday after Esther's sewing lesson all the sewing projects can be swept away till after Cheryl heads back to Arizona.  I also cleaned out a couple of drawers for Cheryl to use and worked some more on the closet.  I still have one major item to dust...a table that is in there that has lots of framed photos on it...that table doesn't get dusted very often as it is hard to get the pictures back in place...time will tell how much I dust that table top...whether I take everything off or if I just carefully dust a section at a time.  Over the weekend I did a couple of things in the kitchen that I told myself that I would do before Cheryl gets here.  We'll see how many more of those jobs really get done that I tell myself that I should do! Time will run out eventually!  And, I know that I will never be done until she gets here...then cleaning stops for the time that she is here...well, guess we have to do a little...but only the necessities!

Woody got up early and decided that he would walk to the prayer room at church early today rather than wait till this evening.  He made a wise decision as the weather hasn't been the best this afternoon and early evening.  The last I looked we had gotten a little more than a 1/2 inch of rain today.  This rain came in with our first cold front for this Fall season...a bit early this year.  For the next ten days we aren't supposed to get out of the 70's and some days won't get out of the 60's.  I'm not sure if I am ready for this quick change in temperatures!  I forget till it is that time of the year again that my Transverse Myelitis doesn't like seasonal change...and especially doesn't like moving from warmer to colder temperatures very much.  I could feel this front coming.

The children and I had school today.  We were on a regular Tuesday schedule.  Joy had her sewing time and completed another paper pieced quilt block.  The only school that I did yesterday was Abigail's sewing and we did that after our Labor Day meal.  Woody and I worked on getting the food ready yesterday morning.  We provided the food and they hosted and Nathan grilled the hamburgers.  We had a good time...as yesterday's pictures hopefully protrayed.  This afternoon I  watched the latest video from my sewing club while I did some of my dusting in the guest room.  I will rewatch it when I can pay closer attention!  This lesson is piped Peter Pan collars...thought that I had that down pretty well after all the little girls' dresses that I have made over the years...but I was introduced to several new methods of how to make them...I find that I am always learning something new with my sewing!  Hopefully that kind learning is good for my brain...trying to keep it "awake" for as long as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment