Thursday, August 31, 2017

Harvey Shortened Game

Elijah's game got called due to rain...they did get to play for about an hour before the hard rain started to fall. I truthfully don't know what the score was...or what inning it was...I wasn't in the best place to see the score board and we were just trying to keep dry...umbrella up...umbrella down...umbrella up...I do know that the other team was ahead.  Elijah got to play 2nd base and right field tonight and had one at bat. I got wet enough that it was pretty chilly.  We both changed clothes pretty quickly upon getting home.

Woody got up early and walked this morning.  I had school with Joseph and Isaac and read with Abigail, Esther and Joy.  Then it was Elijah's turn for his science experiments with me.  The first experiment fizzed up and over...surprising us both!  One of the things that he learned about today was water surface tension.  He had a pretty fun time doing the several experiments that went with that.  The funniest thing was that after lunch, Joy came over and asked me to help with some of her science experiments...and...the ones she was ready to do were about surface tension!  She had a different one than Elijah did but the other one was like one of his and then we did one of his.  The favorite was getting a pan with water in it and then sprinkling ground pepper all over the surface.  You put a small amount of dish washing liquid on the tip of your finger and put your finger right in the middle of the pan...and the pepper all shoots to the sides.  They both liked that one and Joy had an audience when she did it...Esther and Elijah.  Elijah was telling her what to do next in the experiment!  I am only randomly picking different experiments that I read about online (that I have ingredients and equipment for) so I have no order so it was surprising that I would happen to choose the exact ones that Joy was doing today from her school textbook.  I rested for a while after all the excitement from the experiments and then went down and cooked our supper.  It wasn't long after supper till it was time to head off to the ball park. And, now that we are back, we are settling in for a quiet rest of the evening. I guess with the last sentence I will bid adieu to August!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment