Friday, August 25, 2017

Hiways & Byways + A Birthday!

This morning Woody and I headed out the door around 7am to go to his yearly check with his dermatologist in Murfreesboro.  That is an "in and out quickly" kind of appointment.  He checked out fine...did have a couple of places frozen off and then he was good to go.  We stopped at a grocery store that we like to go to when we are in the area...Publix.  We picked up several things that we don't find in our stores in Tullahoma.  Then we stopped at a sewing machine dealer.  My machines are in need of a "spa treatment" = good cleaning.  The dealer that I have used in Tullahoma for so many years has retired so I was looking for someone new to clean and repair my machines.  This particular dealer sells and repairs the two brands of machines that I have so I have decided to give them a try.  I just talked with them this morning.  We will take the machines to them on the day that my sister is due to fly into Nashville...a stop on the way to the airport.  Then I hope that it is ready to be picked up on the day that we take her back to the airport for her flight back to AZ.  

After that stop we meandered back towards the road that would take us back to Tullahoma.  That road happened to "almost" pass Melany's house and we had an important reason to stop for a moment at their house: today is Erin's 24th birthday...oh, my where have the years gone?  It seems just like yesterday that we became grandparents for the first time!   Happy 24th Birthday, Erin!

We got back home around noon.  After lunch,  Woody headed to Kroger to finish our weekly shopping that he started yesterday.  After he got back home, we decided that it was time to make a few of our homegrown cucumbers into some sweet pickle relish.  We don't can...so make just a small amount to last us through several sandwiches!  It is now in the refrigerator chilling. After all the comings and goings and making pickle relish, I was ready to rest and found myself taking a pretty good nap.  Not sure that I have awakened from it yet, though I've been awake for more than an hour. We have had supper and are settling in for another quiet evening in our household.  Tonight's photos just show a variety of scenes along the roads we traveled today. My gout doesn't seem any the worse...so hopefully it is being held at bay!









No comments:

Post a Comment