Monday, August 14, 2017

Grammy's School...Back in Session

This morning we got underway with the new school year over here.  Joseph was the first to come...he had a bit of a problem coming over as he had to be "pulled away" from something that he was watching...I hope that he comes over happier tomorrow!  He ended up having a good school time with me and then went downstairs and worked in the family room with the set of forrest animals and didn't leave till the end of Isaac's time.  Isaac came over with a happy face and we got going on his school work a bit more quickly than Joseph and I.  Everything is review at this point...just getting back in the swing.  Elijah, then Esther, then Joy came for their reading times.  And, then it was time for Abigail's long Grammy time.  She is planning a banner type thing for a group that she helps teach at church.  She needs some felt colors that I didn't have so we switched back to working on a pair of shorts that she cut out just before summer vacation began.  She also was the first one to sew on the machine for this school year so she "got" to clean the machine before we started sewing.  So a busy morning for me to get back in the school routine...started at 8:30 and ended at noon.  It wasn't very long after lunch before I found myself napping in my chair! It's going to take my body a while to get used to being back in a school routine...I can tell!

Woody stayed around till after Joseph went home.  And then Woody went to the Life Care for Bible study with Jeff and also visited with friends who reside there.  After that he made a stop at the hospital to check in on a friend there.  He made another trip back to Life Care after lunch to take something to one of the residents. This evening he is at the Monday night prayer meeting at church.

No comments:

Post a Comment