Wednesday, August 16, 2017

First Sewing Lessons


Today Joseph had his first sewing lesson that I teach.  Sewing with sewing cards.  He was pretty proud of his "creation."  Isaac had been counting the days till he started kindergarten and would get his first lesson with "hand sewing."  That first lesson is sewing on buttons.  He did great!  He enjoyed it so much he came back over this afternoon to sew a few more on.  Note Isaac's Poland shirt!

Woody headed off to the local farmer's market before school started this morning.  He got tomatoes and some of the best peaches!  Joseph, again, spent most of the morning with Goosey (Woody) after he had his school time with me.  Isaac followed Joseph and got right to work on his reading and his math lesson so he could start "hand sewing."  Elijah, Abigail, and Joy had their reading times with me.  Then Esther came for her long time.  We got the fabric for a new apron into the wash and found all the pattern pieces that she will need to make her apron.  Then she practiced threading the machine and stitching straight lines and then stitched out some of the fancy stitches on the machine.

After lunch, I headed to the church to work in the library for a couple of hours.  We mainly did maintenance and a couple of other routine tasks since we had finished processing the book order last week.  I came home and flopped in my chair for a little while and Isaac sewed a few more buttons.  I did make a casserole for our supper while Woody went to try to visit with one of his new Sunday School boys.  We are now settling in for the evening.  I'm feeling the effects of a pretty busy day...not much energy to sew this evening.  I did sew more last night and am ready to put the elastic on the waist of my pj pants.  But I think that task will wait for another day unless I get a surge of energy in the next little while!

No comments:

Post a Comment