Thursday, August 24, 2017

To the Rescue?


Another week is quickly heading to its end.  The weekend is just about upon us.  Woody got up this morning and took his usual four-mile walk in the cool temperatures.  Later in the morning he went to Aldis...a day early.  He has an early morning appointment at his dermatologists tomorrow so he knew that his time to shop on Friday would be cut rather short.  I have been working around the house today...mainly in our bedroom today.  I have washed and dried sheets and blankets and am in the process of getting them back on the bed as they get dry.  The vacuum and Swiffer dusters have gotten some use today also.  I just had a phone call and decided to choose the photo for tonight's blog while I talked.  And then decided that I would  quickly post tonight's blog before cooking supper.  I have done some sitting today as I had an indication this morning...well, really yesterday, that my gout might be rearing its head so I decided that I would take my rescue pill to try to nip it in the bud.  So far it hasn't gotten any worse today.  This time it is on the side of my left foot...never know where it will show up...but it hadn't shown up for some time so that is good.  I am hoping that my daily gout drug is doing what it is supposed to be doing.  My last blood work indicated that the uric acid levels were coming down...so that is good.  My doctor wants me to take the rescue drug at the first sign of an attack hoping that it will keep it from getting bad...and I don't want it to get bad so I am trying to do as she said!  I surely don't want to be "down" for a month like back in January!  Well, I'm off to cook our supper. Doing both cleaning AND cooking in the same day lets you know that I am still moving about!


No comments:

Post a Comment