Friday, August 18, 2017

Be On the Lookout!

Have you noted family groupings in the back window of vehicles?  Well, Nathan, decided that their vehicle needed a personalized family grouping!  From left to right: Nathan (Crazy Tie Guy), Kathy, Graham, Abigail, Joy, Esther, Elijah, Isaac, Joseph.  Nathan has a new machine that will scan and cut things that he has drawn and he is enjoying using it for various things like this personalized family, a sign on the side of their van, their website lighted up on the front of the van, bean bag pieces cut from fabric so he can sew the bean bags, business card size of some of his reversible words, etc. Abigail and I had him attempt something the other day that didn't work the first time, but will probably work given another try. Anyway, he is having fun with his new "toy" and doing a bit of advertising of their ministry as they travel around the country.  Next on their slate is an Eclipse gathering in Kentucky.

Woody got up early and walked four-miles.  Later in the morning, he headed off to do our weekly grocery shopping.  I put away the food when he got home.  And, while he was gone, I walked down the street to a yardsale.  One of my friend's mother died recently and they were having a yardsale today which included a lot of her sewing things.  I got some buttons, a couple of patterns, and a throw-size piece of batting.  I pretty well refrained myself as I just don't need a lot more that has to do with sewing!  I did finish my pj pants today and have the fabric for the top ironed and spread out on my cutting table awaiting the pattern to be pinned onto it.  Woody made another recipe of his coleslaw.

We are settling in for another quiet Friday evening in our household...probably reading, watching a bit of TV, perhaps a crossword for Woody. I have finished my books of Sudoku puzzles...so no puzzle working for me these days. One of the books that I am reading is a cookbook...very interesting reading about the four elements of cooking: Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat.  I have a couple of fiction books from the church library that I'm reading also.  But I may leave the books in their stack and go cut out my pj top...lots of choices to do in the quiet of the evening! Let me know if you spot the above vehicle in your neck of the woods...they show up just about anywhere and everywhere that their vehicle can roam.

No comments:

Post a Comment