Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Wet Wednesday

At least the afternoon has been wet...I guess we are getting a little...so far very little of the rain from Harvey.  I was looking at St. Louis Zoo pictures with Joseph yesterday and decided that this was a good one for a damp day!

Woody got up and walked this morning.  I had school with Joseph and Joseph and read with Elijah, Joy, and Abigail and had sewing time with Esther.  Esther got underway with cutting out the apron that she is planning to make.  Woody got some more reading done as he was able to give me the book that he was reading to return to the church library.  About as soon as I swallowed my last bite of lunch, I headed out the door to go to the church to work in the library.  The three of us got well underway with processing the new order of books.  It started sprinkling when I was heading to church.  I think that it rained while we were working.  Then it rained on me on my way home...but not hard.  Looks like we are out of the rain for the time being.

I came home to go through an order that I made.  I have been looking for towels for some time and just never found just the ones that I liked...I prefer a striped towel rather than a solid color...so finally found some in a catalog and took a chance on ordering them.  I popped them in the washer when I got home and then in the drier...talk about lots of fuzz!  The drier lint filter was full (and I had cleaned it just before drying these towels).  Then I shook them out...lint all over the floor in our bedroom...which caused me to have to vacuum. After that I used a lint roller on them and then picked off the remaining fuzz!  I hope that this fuzz doesn't continue...time will tell!  I am pleased with the colors in the towels...now we will see if there is anything left of the towels after they are washed several times and more comes out...perhaps they will soon be threadbare?!?  I hope not...I think that the initial wash will be the worse at getting the fuzz out.  Wonder if we will be covered with lint when we dry off with them!

Woody has pretty much stayed inside today except for his walk early.  He has read, done puzzles, studied his Sunday School lesson, and watched some TV.  I have mainly done school and library.  We had leftovers for supper...so that was an easy meal for me.  Woody has done the dishes.  Now I'm blogging and then I have to go prepare the experiments for Elijah's science experiment time with me tomorrow.  Oh, me...science isn't as easy to get ready for as sewing is!  Got to go plan exactly what we will do tomorrow during his long time...something fizzy...probably...hopefully nothing will blow up...well...maybe a balloon! I think that we may see a wetter Thursday and Friday than we did Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment