Saturday, August 26, 2017

Some Saturday!

 We have had quite a busy Saturday...one thing happening after another.  Woody was busier than I...but the day still has seemed to be a bit of a whirlwind even for me.  We both got up really early. I got up and decided to sew and Woody headed off for his early morning walk...these days it is really quite pleasant early...one might even say that it is cool in the early hours.  Woody headed off before 9am to go to a meeting at church for the deacons to meet a prospective pastor.  On his way home from church, he stopped at the library for his usual Saturday visit.  By the time he got home it was almost time for lunch.  He made his Crispy Quinua Burger recipe...I think that he wanted a sandwich that he could use the pickle relish that we made yesterday!  By the time he got those made and the mess cleaned up, it was almost time for the two of us to go to church for a reception for the prospective pastor and his family.

After we got home, I had Woody drag the hose and sprinkler around to the front yard so I could give some of our plants a much needed drink. I even did a little deadheading.  After moving the sprinkler around the front yard to several different places, I headed back inside to cool off and to go back to sewing.  I am hemming my pajama top...so at last it is almost finished.  I hadn't sewed in several days, but wanted to get this project finished and the scraps, etc. cleared out of the way.  I ended up taking a little snooze after wrangling the hose around..couldn't keep my eyes open with the monotony of the needle going in and out!. Now I am going to go finish with the hems and be done with another sewing project.

In tonight's picture there are a couple of creatures sitting up on the silo...not sure how easy it is to spot them without them being pointed out.  I will show you in a photo zoomed on these lovlies (not) here at the end of the blog.  Lots of times there are things lurking in my photos that aren't noticable at first glance!  Now check out the top picture and you will easily spot them even though they are what probably just looked like small black specks before knowing these guys were sitting up there.



No comments:

Post a Comment