Monday, May 23, 2022

A Baking Day

I had been wanting for some time to attempt hamburger buns using my sourdough starter. Today ended up being the day to try a recipe to make them. I will say that the effort was successful and I ate one this evening with a recipe that I have made many times over the years...Souper Burgers. This concoction consists of ground beef, onion, cream of mushroom soup (I made homemade) and a small amount of catsup and mustard...a non tomato based Sloppy Joe. A good portion of my day was spent in the kitchen. Now I have to face finishing the clean up! Woody has gone to Monday Night Furnace Room Prayer Meeting. His dialysis machine is all set up. I'll make Woody's protein shake when he gets home. I have managed to sneak in a little cross stitching...trying to get a project finished so I can gift it. We did get a little rain over night, but not as much as we thought we would...but enough for me to declare this a non watering day. Thr temperatures did drop after the rain came through. It only got into the upper 60s today. Woody went back to a long sleeved shirt today. Last week he actually started wearing short sleeves...unusual for him who is cold most all the time (not unusual for dialysis patients to be cold). Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment