Friday, May 6, 2022

Chilly and Damp Night at the Ballpark!

We got a late start in the morning as we both slept in a bit later than usual...we were both up several times in the night. While I waited for Woody to wake up, I got the grocery list ready and started making a new recipe for ground beef stroganoff. We had several periods of rain in the morning and chose a time in between showers after lunch to go to the grocery store. I made it to the store in dry conditions. It poured while I was shopping...very loud on the Kroger roof! I checked out and it was still raining a little, but according to radar that I checked on my phone, it was about to stop. So I stood under the overhand in frnt of the store till it pretty much quit and then headed to the car. Barely got everything put away and it was time to head to Elijah's ballgame. He was playing in the early game his evening, 5pm. He plays in Manchester so we had to plan for about 20 minutes to get over there plus a few more minutes to find just exactly which road to turn on and then to get parked. Nathan was watching for us so he helped get his dad to and from the car in the wheelchair. It was a great game. Elijah's team won. Elijah played catcher, shortstop, third base and was the closing pitcher. He did great. We're so glad that he gets to continue to play even though he "aged out" over here in Tullahoma! It was just a tad bit chilly...wind was blowing and then we had a short period of rain...so got a little damp. We are all dry and much warmer now that we are home! Woody requested strawberry shortcake...so he is doing the hard job...hulling the berries. I set up his dialysis machine before we left so it is ready when he is! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment