Monday, May 9, 2022

Leftovers From Mother's Day

Here is my yummy lunch...leftover from yesterday. Melany and Wade and Erin let us know rather last minute that they would come yesterday and bring lunch. I had made strawberry shortcake for Woody and there was plenty so I told them that I would provide dessert. But more unexpected happenings for the day...Alex and Brooke also came. We hadn't seen them in months. And, not long after the Proctor's arrived Nathan, Kathy and six of their crew arrived. They brought strawberry short cake...like minds! They went on a picnic and a hike and then came back for dessert. I was surprised that Melany and Wade came to do some gardening...brought lots of pretty new plants. And, spent most of their time, when not eating, planting and weeding! I will have lots of pretty flowers to share pictures of on down the road as long as I can keep them alive! Nathan and Kathy and family brought me tomato, pepper, and eggplant plants. So our gardens were well gifted. I spent time cleaning up the herb/veggie container section of our used-to-be patio (most of it is covered by the ramp now). It was covered with leaves that had gotten trapped in the area...in some areas two feet or more deep of leaves between containers. I got them dragged out and into piles out in the yard and then planted my new veggie plants. The other day I planted herbs so that container garden area is looking good with lots of new plants and some that wintered over. I spent some more time picking up sticks and doing a little more raking of leaves. I took a nap late in the afternoon! While Woody was at prayer meeting, I watered all the new plants in front. I had watered the new veggies earlier in the day. We have some summer-like temperatures coming this week so I want to keep all these new baby plants happy and well watered. Woody is drinking his evening protein shake now so we will be a bit later in starting his dialysis tonight...but that isn't a problem since we have no morning appointments. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment