Wednesday, May 4, 2022

A Head-Spinning Day!

So much happened today that I'm not sure I can even remember it all! We started out like normal, but just a bit behind since we got Woody's dialysis started a little late because of our late night out at the ballgame. I decided that I would weed and do a little more debris raking while it was so mice and cool outside. I guess that I finally got Woody completely disconnected by 10:30 and got his breakfast aka brunch! Today was dialysis supplies delivery day between 11am and 3pm. I told Woody that if we hadn't heard from the delivery man by noon that I wanted to head out to deliver him for his oncology doctor and Keytruda appointment. We did that and still hadn't heard from delivery man by the time I got home...all good! Not long after I got home, he did call...confusion a out thwt as I attempted to answer the call with my iPad which I do often, but it wouldn't answer...or I could hear nothing though it showed that the call hadn't ended. He did call back and I still couldn't answer it. I just hoped that he would come on anyway! About that time, I looked out and Nathan and Elijah, Isaac, and Joseph had pulled into the driveway. They were checking on a package that had been delivered to their old address and had asked them to bring it to our porch...not there. But I guess he decided that it was time to do the yard...so he left the three boys picking up sticks, etc. and he went home to get mower, etc. I did manage to call back the delivery man and when I got him, he said that he was pulling up un front of the house. The boys continued working outside while the supplies were delivered. That only takes 15 to 20 minutes so he was gone by the time Nathan got back. He brought Joy and Esther to help get the mower out out of the trailer and off the back of his truck. The two younger boys and I got the piles of debris that I had made scooped up and put in the yard bucket and then Elijah mowed the front yard with the mower that is stored in our garage and Nathan went to work on the back with his farm contraption that he hooked to the back to a 4-wheeler. Even our neighbor and some of his grandchildren were over here helping to pick up sticks. All I can say is the yard looks ever so much better. Nathan and crew left saying they would be back another day to finish up. I raked some more this evening...getting up some of the leaves that were still thick in the side yard and our neighbor's yard...grass is a bit thin in that area since the leaves were layered there so long. We will never have a prize winning yard...but it does look ever so much better...thanks to Nathan and the kids' efforts. Just as the dialysis delivery man was loading up his dollie, the phone rang and it was Woody's Fresenius nurse wanting to reschedule Woody's next week appointment to tomorrow...which we did and I got to the door in time to let the delivery man in! Like I said...it was pretty crazy around here today for a couple of hours! I got the call to pick up Woody while Nathan and crew were still working...had to move a few things a little so I could get out of the driveway. But the day has finally settled down and Woody is ready for me to get tonight's dialysis started. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! May the fourth be with you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment