Thursday, May 26, 2022

English Muffin Day

Today I spent a lot of time in the kitchen. It is time to make breakfast sausage. In the end I just combined the ground pork with all the other ingredients and have that concoction in the refrigerator so I can cook all the patties in the morning and freeze them to use as needed. I left the sourdough sponge for the English muffins out overnight and once I was ready to make them this morning all was ready. English muffins are cooked on top of the stove on a griddle. It always intrigues me to see how they rise and end up looking like "real" store-bought English muffins. When they are rising I put them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and then sprinkled with cornmeal...that cornmeal ends uo getting everywhere! I have been wiping up counters and the stovetop and dry mopping the floor to get rid of cornmeal grit! I think I have it cleaned up now...but will probably find some more somewhere! It has rained off and on today. Our flowers and other plants should be happy for a day or so. It rained enough that Joseph's ballgame was cancelled for tonight. It has stopped raining, but the ball fields would be soggy. Woody's waiting to get connected for his dialysis...weaiting on the dialysis solution to warm up and he will be underway for another treatment...another long night, as he would tell you! He has his laptop, a book, his glasses, the remote all next to him so he can while away the hours during the night in case he can't sleep. I got the stitching done on my cross stitch piece so tonight when I go upstairs I hope to get it totally finished so I can give it as a gift. I started the finishing last night so it should go together fairly easily. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment