Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Woody got up early, headed to work, worked, walked in the drizzle at lunch, worked some more, and then came home to rest and relax. He has been in quite a bit of pain this evening. I have had a busy day again today trying to get ready for Erin and Alex's visit and also for the painters, etc. No sign of the inside workers today...and am I surprised?! Not really! But by me sticking close to home today (in case the workers showed up) Erin and Alex have clean beds and clean rooms in which to sleep. I also started getting things ready to cut out jumpers for Abigail, Joy, and Esther. I went to church late this afternoon to work for a little while in the library...checked books in and out and shelved books. After I got home, we received the automated call from Vanderbilt reminding us of Woody's Monday appointments. I had emailed the research nurse with a couple of questions this morning and she emailed back the answers. I asked her if Woody had to fast prior to any of the tests...and, of all the tests...it is the last one (scheduled for 5:30pm (which will probably be much later than that) that he has to fast 6 hours prior to it...so guess he will eat a big breakfast and then...nothing till after he is finished with the PET scan. I predict that we will be home very, very late on Monday. Here's his appointment schedule: 1pm sign consent forms and talk to research nurse; 2pm labwork; 2:30EKG; 3:20 Dr. Sosman; 4pm MRI of brain; 5pm CT scans; 5:30pm PET scan. And, she says that somewhere in there she has to take pictures and measurements. Now...tell me what you think about the schedule...is there any way that all those tests, etc. can get completed in the allotted times???? Time will tell...but... when you have to drink contrast 45 min. to an hour prior to a test and you are in another test...just not sure how this will all work out! I'm sure that it WILL work out...just don't think that it will work out in the times stated!



No comments:

Post a Comment