Saturday, March 6, 2010

Respite Day 5 = The game is underway!

The speed of last night's rolling ball seems to have picked up! And, I think that our new research nurse works round the clock...even on Saturday. We have received two emails from her today. The first one was to say that it looks like the earliest day that the screening can take place is Monday, March 22. The problem with that is that he will have to have the CT scans repeated as the scans he had last week won't be under the 28 days prior to starting the drug study. When I emailed her back, I told her that it seemed like a wonderful way to spend our 41st anniversary...but to go for that date. She has since emailed me back to say that she had set up an appointment with Dr. Sosman for 3:20pm that day and has asked for all the tests to be scheduled prior to that appointment. I just checked the Vanderbilt site and the appointment with Dr. Sosman is already listed. So the first pitch has been thrown!

Woody has had a busy day. He got up early and went for an 8 mile walk...our house to Kroger and back. A little later in the morning he went grocery shopping and ran an errand or two. Then after lunch we went to the library together. After the library, we walked part of the Tullahoma Greenway--from the library to Grider Stadium (Tullahoma High School's baseball stadium). There was a game underway, so we stopped to watch for a while and let me try out the sports mode on my camera. We watched a couple of innings and then headed back to the car. He rested in his recliner between some of the above activities. He is now watching a DVD that he got at the library. It has been a beautiful day here in Tullahoma...it almost made it into the upper 50's today. Good to have a spring-like day for a change. I enjoyed taking a walk again (I am a fair weather walker!). After I blog, I'm going to work on the quilt...getting to the final phases on it...looking forward to it being finished!

A year ago this date, Woody checked in for his second round of IL-2. Glad that is behind us! Now we head in another direction...a new game plan...ever hopeful!

No comments:

Post a Comment